Fluoride is an important natural mineral that helps rebuild loss teeth enamel. This mineral can be found in water, soil, air and rocks, among other places in nature. Fluoride is effective in preventing cavities in children and adults.
As part of your oral hygiene routine, fluoride can be very effective in fighting tooth decay.
Who Can Most Likely Benefit From Fluoride Treatment in Hilton Head, SC? Find Out Here:
- People who have a history of cavities.
- People with dental crowns and bridges. Those who have undergone restoration are particularly susceptible to tooth decay.
- Individuals with dry mouth. Since saliva helps neutralize acid and protect the teeth. Therefore, those with conditions that cause dry mouth such as diabetes, or those who take certain medications (such as drugs for allergies, depression and high blood pressure) can benefit from fluoride treatment.
- People with less optimal dental hygiene. Illnesses or conditions that limit one’s ability to brush or floss regularly can lead to the buildup of plaque and tartar, causing tooth decay. Fluoride treatment can help them prevent further tooth damage.
- Individuals with braces.
- Frequent snackers and those with a high-sugar diet. Increased exposure to plaque and bacteria puts their teeth enamel at greater risk.
- Children whose permanent teeth have not yet developed can also benefit from fluoride treatment. This mineral fortifies the permanent teeth before they even emerge, leading to teeth that are stronger and more decay-resistant for a lifetime
It’s so simple to get an appointment for your fluoride treatment in Hilton Head, SC.
We put a flavored fluoride gel or foam into a tray that resembles a mouth guard. This tray will be kept in your mouth for one to four minutes. After this period of time, you may spit the solution out. Lastly, you will be asked to refrain from drinking, eating, rinsing or smoking for optimal results.
Fluoride Treatment is for both children and adult. Enhance the health of your smile today.