The Home Oral Hygiene A Formula That Works and Keeps The Dentist Away
You may be tired and groggy in the morning, but you always remember to brush your teeth Oral Hygiene. If you’re really good, you’ll be taking the time to floss. That’s because you want fresh breath and a confident smile for the day ahead. It feels good to have a clean mouth.
Here’s a helpful list of the basics Oral Hygiene:
- For two minutes, brush your teeth. Be sure to brush in an effective way without harming the gums. Spend an equal amount of time (30 seconds) in each quadrant of the mouth.
- At a 45 degree angle, hold your toothbrush. It should be pointed towards the gums.
- In a moving motion, brush all the surfaces of your teeth (surface on top for chewing and the sides).
- Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day
The Tongue Cleaning
- If you’re using a traditional tongue scrapper—take both ends of the scrapper in each hand. Use the middle surface to gently scrape and clean your tongue. Rinse your mouth.
- If you’re using a toothbrush—put a little bit of toothpaste on your toothbrush and brush your tongue in circular motions. Clean as much of the tongue as you can and then rinse your mouth.
- If you’re using floss—take a piece of floss and wrap the ends around each finger. Then gently use the middle to scrape and clean your tongue. Finish by rinsing your mouth.
Last But Certainly Not Least, Flossing
- Floss your teeth twice a day
- Wrap each end around your fingers and gently lower it in between your teeth
- Follow the curve of your teeth careful to avoid damaging your gums
- Repeat this process for each tooth. As you move to the next tooth take the dirty floss with one finger and unwind, providing clean floss for the next round.
Learn More About: Fluoride Treatment by Off-Island Dental Care
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash after you brush and floss your teeth.
- Sip a small amount of mouthwash and swish it around. Do this for 30-40 seconds, make sure your lips are sealed. Follow the directions on the bottle.
- Spit it out
Oral Hygiene Tips:
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
- Stay on a daily routine of good Oral Hygiene.
- Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
- Ask your dentist if there is anything better you could be doing and follow through Oral Hygiene.
Off-Island Dental Care provides dental services in and near Bluffton, Hilton Head Island, Okatie and surrounding areas of South Carolina.
For More Awesome Information on Your healthy Smile Call Off Island Dental Care Today! 843-815-7844
Off-Island Dental Care
1 Sherington Dr # H, Bluffton, SC 29910